- The minimum age for a child to attend the YMA is 5.
- Parents/Guardians must fill out a separate form for each child.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the registration form.
- The YMA does not take responsibility for any child before 5:30pm and after 7:45pm on Mondays - Fridays. Nor before 10:30am or after 12:30pm on Saturdays or 11:00am – 2:30pm on Sundays
- If a child is picked up late this will incur a late pick up fee..
Terms of Fees & Payments
- A one-off non-refundable registration fee of £5.00 is payable upon registration to cover administrative costs.
- Registration forms will NOT be accepted without £5.00 registration fee.
- Tuition fees are to paid in cash, cheque or bank transfer on the first day of term (discount will be given to families). Registration and tuition fees will not be refunded if a child is expelled or if s/he is absent.
- Please refer to our fees policy for more information about late fee payments.
- All required books should be purchased within a week from the admission date.
- Parents or guardians must pay compensation for any damage caused by their child.
Pupil Conduct & Performance
- Pupil may be suspended or expelled at anytime during the year should we feel that they are not working hard, misbehaving or not being regular & punctual.
- The YMA requires a letter from parent/guardians explaining any ABSENCE or recurring lateness.
- If students fail to attend Marassah without a note or phone call after 4 lessons, the child will no longer have his/her seat and his/her space will be allocated to a student on the waiting list.
- All pupils are expected to adhere to the Islamic teachings and code of practices. Only suitable dressed haircut will be allowed. Pupil who breaks this rule will not be allowed in class and will be sent home.
- NO food or Chewing gum, sweets, snacks and the like are not allowed in class or during lessons only a bottle of water.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in class. If a child has a mobile they must switch it off before the start of the lesson and leave it in their bag. If a child breaks this rule their phone will be confiscated.
- Cards, magazines or any sort of inappropriate material are not allowed in the Masjid or classroom if such items are found they will be confiscated.
- Parents must take up the responsibility to follow up their child’s progress. And should ensure that they help with revision and homework!
- Pupils will not be allowed to leave the Masjid before SALAH is performed when the Adhan is already said.
- All children MUST perform their daily prayer. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to remind their child of this and we may get in touch with you in this regard.
Young Muslim Academy
363-365 Lewisham High street
London SE13 6NZ